megaconference - [Megacon] American University Cairo-Global South Dialogue

Subject: Megaconference

[Megacon] American University Cairo-Global South Dialogue

  • From: Ahmad ElZorkani <>
  • To: Megacon <>
  • Cc: Mohamed Menza <>
  • Subject: [Megacon] American University Cairo-Global South Dialogue
  • Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2012 15:35:57 +0200

Please reply to

Dear friends,

I hope this finds you very well. My name is Mohamed Fahmy Menza and I teach political economy and dialogue at the American University in Cairo. This is an invitation for you to participate in our "Global South" dialogue course via conducting joint video-conference sessions between students in our universities.

I've attached the overview of the course -as an introduction- and once we confirm the dates/times of the sessions we can get into more details regarding the topics/readings for discussion. We'd be delighted to hold up to 2 joint-sessions in the upcoming Fall 2012 semester.

Kindly find below a tentative outline with the vacant time-slots on which we can hold the video-conferences, noting that the class here convenes on Wednesdays from 1-2 or 2-3.15 pm Cairo Time (11-12 or 12-1.15 pm GMT).

Wednesday, November 7.
Wednesday, November 14.
Wednesday, November 21.
Wednesday, November 28.
Wednesday, December 5.
Wednesday, December 12.

For more info on the AUC Dialogue Project, please check this url: http://www.aucegypt.edu/academics/undergrad/core/dialogues/Pages/default.aspx

We're looking forward to hearing back from you and, for now, kindly accept the best of regards.

All the very best,

Mohamed Fahmy Menza, PhD
Office of the Core Curriculum,
The American University in Cairo
Core Academic Center, Plaza Level, P010
Office: (+202) 2615 3203

Office Hours: Sundays and Wednesdays 5-7 PM or by appointment