megaconference - [Megacon] Megaconference v6: Register Now!

Subject: Megaconference

[Megacon] Megaconference v6: Register Now!

  • From: Ben Fineman <>
  • To:
  • Subject: [Megacon] Megaconference v6: Register Now!
  • Date: Thu, 31 May 2012 11:42:13 -0400

Hi all,

Just a reminder that there's still time to register as a presenter or a participant. Remember that presentations don't need to be related to IPv6, and we will have IPv4 bridges available if you don't have IPv6 yet. We hope to see as many of you as possible on this coming Wednesday! Register here: http://www.megaconference.org/

Best,
Ben

Begin forwarded message:

Videoconferencing is an important collaboration tool for research and education, and is an ideal application for advanced networking. As we transition our networking environment from IPv4 to IPv6, it is essential for our videoconferencing infrastructure to make the transition as well. In support of this, the Internet2 community is hosting Megaconference v6 to coincide with World IPv6 Launch Day on June 6th, from 8am - 8pm EDT (12:00 - 24:00 GMT). Anyone and everyone are invited to connect using H.323 or SIP videoconferencing over IPv6 to participate in presentations from researchers, educators, network engineers, students, and vendors, in what we hope to be the biggest IPv6 videoconference ever.

Registration is now open! Register here: http://www.megaconference.org/

PARTICIPANTS
Anyone and everyone with H.323 or SIP videoconferencing can participate! Invite your friends! We are encouraging everyone to connect using IPv6, but we will also have ways to participate for IPv4 only sites. Register to participate here.

PRESENTERS
We are soliciting presentations on any topics from any presenters! Presentations can be technical or non-technical, and live demonstrations are encouraged! The suggested presentation length is 15 minutes, so take a few minutes to show the world your famous campus barbershop quartet, tell us about the challenges your campus overcame with your IPv6 deployment, or take us on a virtual tour of your datacenter. Imagination encouraged. Register to present here.

BRIDGES (MCUs)
We will need an many bridges as possible to facilitate as many participants as possible. Bridges must be IPv6 enabled, and should ideally be high definition capable (but we'll take standard definition as well). Register a bridge here.

Please forward this invitation far and wide - we're looking forward to seeing you on June 6!

Regards,
Ben

Benjamin J. Fineman
Manager, Video Services
Internet2

(Email and XMPP)
http://www.internet2.edu

734.352.4975 (desk)
734.417.0811 (mobile)

  • [Megacon] Megaconference v6: Register Now!, Ben Fineman, 05/31/2012