mace-opensaml-users - [OpenSAML] Change Default Transform Algo?

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

[OpenSAML] Change Default Transform Algo?

  • From: <>
  • To:
  • Subject: [OpenSAML] Change Default Transform Algo?
  • Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2011 12:44:54 -0400 (EDT)

Hi All,

Is there an easy way in the OpenSAML Java API to update the Transform
algorithm when building a SAML Response?

For example, in the snippet below:

<samlp:Response ... >
<ds:SignedInfo>
<ds:Reference ... >
<ds:Transforms>
<ds:Transform
Algorithm="http://www.w3.org/2000/09/xmldsig#enveloped-signature"; />
<ds:Transform
Algorithm="http://www.w3.org/2001/10/xml-exc-c14n#";><ec:InclusiveNamespaces
xmlns:ec="http://www.w3.org/2001/10/xml-exc-c14n#"; PrefixList="ds saml
samlp"></ec:InclusiveNamespaces></ds:Transform>
</ds:Transforms>
</ds:Reference>
</ds:SignedInfo>
</samlp:Response>

I'd like to change

<ds:Transform
Algorithm="http://www.w3.org/2001/10/xml-exc-c14n#";><ec:InclusiveNamespaces
xmlns:ec="http://www.w3.org/2001/10/xml-exc-c14n#"; PrefixList="ds saml
samlp"></ec:InclusiveNamespaces></ds:Transform>

<ds:Transform Algorithm="http://www.w3.org/TR/2001/REC-xml-c14n-20010315"; />

----

I could be way off here, but I made an attempt to create a Transform object. I
have no idea where to add it.

XMLObjectBuilderFactory builderFactory;
XMLObjectBuilder tbuilder =
builderFactory.getBuilder(Transform.DEFAULT_ELEMENT_NAME);
TransformImpl t =
(TransformImpl)tbuilder.buildObject(Transform.DEFAULT_ELEMENT_NAME);
t.setAlgorithm(SignatureConstants.TRANSFORM_C14N_OMIT_COMMENTS);

----

If there is any assistance you can provide or if there is documentation on
this topic anywhere, I would greatly appreciate any help.

Thank you!

-C