mace-opensaml-users - Re: [OpenSAML] Problem with XACMLPolicyStatement

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

Re: [OpenSAML] Problem with XACMLPolicyStatement

  • From: <>
  • To: ,
  • Subject: Re: [OpenSAML] Problem with XACMLPolicyStatement
  • Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2011 11:11:23 -0400 (EDT)

Hi to all,

my name is Richard Mair. I am working in a project where I need to be
compliant to Masi's (the creator of this thread) implementation of the
XACMLPolicyStatement.
I just tried with OpenSAML 2.4.1 to create a XACMLPolicyStatementType with the
corresponding Builder and still get a XML-Tag with the name
XACMLPolicyStatement.

<xacml-saml:XACMLPolicyStatement
xmlns:xacml-saml="urn:oasis:names:tc:xacml:2.0:profile:saml2.0:v2:schema:asser
tion">

So I assume that this is correct, but if I read the answers to this thread it
seems as if the XML-Tag should have a name "Statement" an be of type
XACMLPolicyStatementType

<saml2:Statement xsi:type="xacml-saml:XACMLPolicyStatementType">

where this thread gives the answer how to create such an Statement with the
help of OpenSAML. But as this seems to be a bit complicated I suspect that
this is not the intended way of doing it. So I am a bit confused now.

Could you please tell me what is the correct way to inculde an
XACMLPolicyStatement into a SAML2.0 assertion?

Thanks and best regards

Richard Mair