mace-opensaml-users - [OpenSAML] RE: Encrypting multiple elements with one session key

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

[OpenSAML] RE: Encrypting multiple elements with one session key

  • From: Dan Ciarniello <>
  • To: "''" <>
  • Subject: [OpenSAML] RE: Encrypting multiple elements with one session key
  • Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2011 14:11:02 -0800
  • Accept-language: en-US
  • Acceptlanguage: en-US

Sorry, I am using the OpenSAML Java libraries version 2.4.1.

I haven't tried it yet but I am pretty sure that I can generate an AES key
using SecurityHelper.generateSymmetricKey() which I can then add to the
EncryptionParameters object passed to the Encrypter. What I don't know is
how to add this key to the assertion. What I'm looking to do would be
something like:

<Assertion ...>
<Subject>
<EncryptedID>