mace-opensaml-users - Re: [OpenSAML] Unable to Decode message encoded by HTTPRedirectDeflateEncoder

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

Re: [OpenSAML] Unable to Decode message encoded by HTTPRedirectDeflateEncoder

  • From: John Gonzales <>
  • To:
  • Cc: "Cantor, Scott E." <>
  • Subject: Re: [OpenSAML] Unable to Decode message encoded by HTTPRedirectDeflateEncoder
  • Date: Sat, 05 Feb 2011 12:16:15 -0600

On 11-02-05 12:09 PM, Cantor, Scott E. wrote:
I thought I gave the OpenSAML API and other SAML documentation (i.e.,
bindings, profiles, core, etc.) a good read, but I clearly missed something.
So I
am very curious, should/would I have been able to pick this information up
from either the two resources I just mentioned?
Maybe I'm not following...obviously issues with Ruby have nothing to do with
OpenSAML or SAML itself, but if you're saying that you weren't clear on the
format itself, that would be an issue for the SAML bindings specification. Is
there something you think wasn't clarified adequately?

-- Scott

Hi Scott,

Thanks for the response. I'm not sure if you're able to see my responses to the mailing list. Chris Card was able to resolve this issue for me. It had nothing to do with OpenSAML but rather the implementation of the ZLib C Library. By default, if you do not specify the appropriate bit size, then it Zlib::Inflate will use either GZip or ZLib, and not the raw DEFLATE format.

Documentation was poor on Zlib::Inflate. Chris Card was able to point this out to me because he had experienced the same issue before.

-jg.