mace-opensaml-users - Re: [OpenSAML] OpenSAML/ Weblogic exception -> NoClas sDefFoundError: org/apache/xml/security/Init exception

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

Re: [OpenSAML] OpenSAML/ Weblogic exception -> NoClas sDefFoundError: org/apache/xml/security/Init exception

  • From: Brent Putman <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [OpenSAML] OpenSAML/ Weblogic exception -> NoClas sDefFoundError: org/apache/xml/security/Init exception
  • Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2011 14:38:46 -0500

On 1/11/11 11:14 AM, Jim Cox wrote:
> Well that would depend on what the dependencies of open saml 2.2.3 are.
> Which would be difficult to figure out, since I don't see that as an
> available download in
> http://shibboleth.internet2.edu/downloads/opensaml/java/

Hmm, I don't know why we don't have the dist of 2.2.3 out there. It's
possible that we didn't actually release that version.

To the OP: where did you get the 2.2.3 that you are using? Download
somewhere or did you build yourself from source via Maven?

> If you are not using maven or ivy to automatically resolve/retrieve
> dependencies, you can at least figure out what they are by looking at
> the pom. For example:
> http://shibboleth.internet2.edu/downloads/maven2/org/opensaml/opensaml/2.3.2/opensaml-2.3.2.pom

True, but then you need to recursively include the dependencies of its
dependencies (e.g. openws, xmltooling and all 3rd party libs) and so on.
That's tedious to do manually, probably a lot easier to let Maven handle
it for you, for example by doing an 'mvn dist' and then examining the
produced /lib. I think there's also a Maven command or script that will
just resolve all the dependencies and spit out a textual list, in JVM
classpath argument form (for example to include in the environment setup
of a launcher script).

> On Tue, 2011-01-11 at 10:15 -0500, Michael wrote:
>> Brent,
>> Are these lists correct and complete (especially versions) ?

Sorry, I don't have any way of easily answering, since the 2.2.3
download doesn't appear to be available. If this is what was in the
2.2.3 distribution's /lib directory, then yes, that should be correct.

Did you have some particular reason that you were using 2.2.3? The
latest release is 2.3.1. You might want to use that, if for no other
reason than bug fixes.