mace-opensaml-users - RE: [OpenSAML] Removing name space

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

RE: [OpenSAML] Removing name space

  • From: "Scott Cantor" <>
  • To: "'rangeli nepal'" <>
  • Cc: <>
  • Subject: RE: [OpenSAML] Removing name space
  • Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2010 23:31:34 -0400

> any hint will be highly appreciated.

Hint 1: Read the relevant specifications, specifically c14n and exclusive
c14n. The fact that you seem to want to manipulate content that is related
to them suggests you need to understand them first. The terms I used are
very elementary in that domain.

Hint 2: What you're asking is the wrong question. Start over. Why do you
care? You need to adjust your problem or solution such that you do not care
about a detail like that, because you will never succeed in controlling the
XML to such a degree with any certainty. We generate XML with an inclusive
prefix list when the XML involved makes it necessary. That's how it works.

What is critical is that the library generate reasonable output and sign it
in a robust fashion. That's a continuous process and things keep improving
over time. If there's a problem caused by a failure to account for a
particular usage (primarily a cut and paste of signed XML into a document
with a contaminating namespace context), then it's worth discussing why it's
failing.