mace-opensaml-users - Re: [OpenSAML] Reading Affiliation Descriptor

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

Re: [OpenSAML] Reading Affiliation Descriptor

  • From: Brent Putman <>
  • To:
  • Cc: rangeli nepal <>
  • Subject: Re: [OpenSAML] Reading Affiliation Descriptor
  • Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2010 18:19:43 -0400

On 6/9/10 11:56 PM, rangeli nepal wrote:
> I am trying to read Metadata and using FilesystemMetadataProvider.
> Metadata looks like below. I am able to get EntityDescriptor and I am
> able to print it.
>
> However when I try to get Affiliation Descriptor by doing something
> like following
>
> AffiliationDescriptor
> affiliationDescriptor=entityDescriptor.getAffiliationDescriptor()

That's how you do it, so it should work. I doublechecked the unit tests
and there doesn't seem to be a bug there. Works for me.

> I get null value. Do you see if I am missing something?

Well, you are missing the namespace declaration below. That should have
resulted in a completely different error, so I'm assuming that's only
omitted in the email.

Are you seeing any other errors, for example from logging information?