mace-opensaml-users - Re: [OpenSAML] HttpPostEncoder and HttpPostDecoder

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

Re: [OpenSAML] HttpPostEncoder and HttpPostDecoder

  • From: rangeli nepal <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [OpenSAML] HttpPostEncoder and HttpPostDecoder
  • Date: Mon, 17 May 2010 17:43:45 -0400

 When Message is sent as httppost it does URL encoding. so if I do url decode  and then feed to base64 decoding It starts to work.

On Mon, May 17, 2010 at 5:31 PM, Brent Putman <> wrote:

On 5/16/10 11:22 PM, rangeli nepal wrote:

> 23:15:22,950 DEBUG [HTTPPostDecoder] Getting Base64 encoded message from
> request
> 23:15:22,950 ERROR [HTTPPostDecoder] Request did not contain either a
> SAMLRequest or SAMLResponse paramter.  Invalid request for SAML 2 HTTP
> POST binding.
> 23:15:22,952 ERROR [STDERR]
> org.opensaml.ws.message.decoder.MessageDecodingException: No SAML
> message present in request
>
> am I doing something wrong.? Your input will be highly appreciated.
> Thank you.
> rn

I don't see anything immediately wrong in the code, but the basic
problem is that the form that's being submitted to the decoder doesn't
contain the field for the SAML message.  What template are you using in
the encoder?  The one shipped in OpenSAML would be a template ID of
"/templates/saml2-post-binding.vm", using the classpath resoure loader.

To really diagnose it, just turn off _javascript_ in your browser so that
the form doesn't auto-submit, then take a look at the form with your
browser's view source.  That will show you what the encoder is actually
generating and should give you an idea of what is wrong.