mace-opensaml-users - Re: [OpenSAML] XACML Unmarshalling ClassCast XSAnyImpl Exceptions

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

Re: [OpenSAML] XACML Unmarshalling ClassCast XSAnyImpl Exceptions

  • From: Anthony Whitehead <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [OpenSAML] XACML Unmarshalling ClassCast XSAnyImpl Exceptions
  • Date: Sat, 24 Apr 2010 12:56:12 +0200

Thanks for the clarification on that Chad, its good to understand the reasoning behind the implementation.

Does anyone know when the draft profile will be made official?

/Ant

On Sat, Apr 24, 2010 at 12:44 PM, Chad La Joie <> wrote:

On 4/24/10 6:37 AM, Anthony Whitehead wrote:
> Since several other implementations are using the older version of the
> profile (and it still seems to be the published
> official version!!), is there a version of OpenSAML that contains
> support for the older profile? I can imagine that this
> issue hurts OpenSAML interoperation in some cases.

No, using the older profile would hurt interoperation.  Because of
mistakes made in the old profile there is no way to construct messages
that both conform to that profile and conform to the SAML spec.  That's
why we chose to use a draft document when we did the implementation,
because it corrected the problem.

--
Chad La Joie
www.itumi.biz