mace-opensaml-users - problem compiling to non-standard directory

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

problem compiling to non-standard directory

  • From: Andreas Johnsen <>
  • To:
  • Subject: problem compiling to non-standard directory
  • Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2010 15:02:11 +0100

I am trying to compile opensaml and a little app of my own in a non-standard directory on Ubuntu 8.10.
I have downloaded a precompiled xerces 2.8.0 and compiled log4shib-1.0.4, xml-security-c-1.5.1, xmltooling-1.1 and opensaml-1.1.1 into the same directory.
So far I don't get any errors. Then I try to compile my app and I get:  "undefined reference to `opensaml::SAMLConfig::getConfig()'" and similar other undefined references to xmltooling.
It works just fine on Ubuntu 9.2 with opensaml and the required libraries in standard locations.
All the following includes give no errors:

#include <saml/exceptions.h>
#include <saml/SAMLConfig.h>
#include <saml/saml1/binding/SAML1SOAPClient.h>
#include <saml/saml1/core/Protocols.h>
#include <saml/saml1/core/Assertions.h>
#include <saml/binding/SecurityPolicy.h>
#include <saml/binding/SecurityPolicyRule.h>
#include <saml/signature/SignatureProfileValidator.h>

#include <xmltooling/XMLToolingConfig.h>
#include <xmltooling/util/NDC.h>
#include <xmltooling/util/XMLHelper.h>
#include <xmltooling/validation/Validator.h>
#include <xmltooling/validation/ValidatorSuite.h>
#include <xmltooling/signature/SignatureValidator.h>
#include <xmltooling/security/Credential.h>
#include <xmltooling/security/CredentialResolver.h>
#include <xmltooling/security/CredentialCriteria.h>

#include "xercesc/util/Base64.hpp"

and as I said I have managed to compile and run the app on a different version Ubuntu and with libraries in standard locations.

Can anyone tell me what my mistake is?