mace-opensaml-users - Re: [OpenSAML] Assertion Decryption

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

Re: [OpenSAML] Assertion Decryption

  • From: Dennis Roberts <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [OpenSAML] Assertion Decryption
  • Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2010 23:12:23 -0700

On Mar 15, 2010, at 8:36 PM, Brent Putman wrote:

On 3/15/2010 9:50 PM, Scott Cantor wrote:

This method looks for child ds:EncryptedKey child elements. In this case,
there aren't any ds:EncryptedKey child elements because the ds:KeyInfo
element only contains a ds:RetrievalMethod child element.

Which doesn't appear to be pointing to anything, so that's pretty strange.

I think he just didn't send us the full EncryptedAssertion, only the
EncryptedData. If he had, we would see the EncryptedKeys as children,
and the RetrievalMethod would correctly point to them (and the
EncryptedKey's DataReference would link back to the EncryptedData, as
per E43).

That's exactly what I did. Sorry about the confusion there.

Dennis