mace-opensaml-users - Fw: [OpenSAML] Open SAML on JDK 1.3.1

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

Fw: [OpenSAML] Open SAML on JDK 1.3.1

  • From: "Kurt Werner" <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Fw: [OpenSAML] Open SAML on JDK 1.3.1
  • Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2009 09:53:52 -0600

Here is the info that I sent out ealier when someone was asking about openSAML under JDK 1.4.  I excluded the generated JARS to keep the email small.  If you would like copies of those let me know via individual email address.  I do not know if this will work for JDK 1.3.  Retroweaver does not support 1.3.

Yes, I was successful doing this back when we needed a Java 1.4 version.  I have included the results of that process as well as some instructions on the process I used.  Please reference the Retroweaver site for additional help and support.  Not sure how well it will work with the latest 1.4 files.

resulting JARs deleted

Steps)

1) Start by getting the lastest versions of the openSAML libraries.  You will need opensaml-#.jar, openws-#.jar, and xmltooling-#.jar.  Place these files into a directory (e.g. C:\Weaver)

        Download URL = "http://shibboleth.internet2.edu/downloads/maven2/org

2) Download the latest version of RetroWeaver and unzip to your hard disk (e.g. C:\Dev\)

        Download URL = "http://retroweaver.sourceforge.net/index.html

3) Run the following command from within the retroweaver home directory (e.g. C:\Dev\retroweaver-2.0.5).  You may need to update the supporting jar file versions listed below if they have changed since version 2.0.5 of retroweaver.

java -cp release\retroweaver-all-2.0.5.jar;lib\asm-3.1.jar;lib\asm-commons-3.1.jar;lib\backport-util-concurrent.jar;lib\asm-util-3.1.jar net.sourceforge.retroweaver.Weaver -jar C:\Weaver\opensaml-2.1.0.jar C:\Weaver\opensaml-2.1.0-jdk14.jar

This will take your opensaml-2.1.0.jar file as input.  Once the weaving process is complete it will output opensaml-2.1.0-jdk14.jar.

Repeat this process for the openws and xmltooling jar files.

4) Each run will count the number of files that were weaved.  You should end up with 3 new jar files that are now compatible under Java JDK 1.4.  You can now include these new jars within your web application.

5) If you want to confirm that the jar files are truely 1.4 compatiable there is an -verifyrefs option that can be added to the command above.  You will also need to include quite a number of supporting jar files along with your 1.4 runtime.  More info can be found in the /docs directory of the retroweaver install.

6) There is also a GUI front end to Retroweaver, but it only runs against class files and not jars.  Again, see documentation for more details.

7) Finally, when running your web application you will need to include the following supporting jar files.

        retroweaver-rt-2.0.5.jar and backport-util-concurrent-3.1.jar

Sample Run:
>> java -cp release\retroweaver-all-2.0.5.jar;lib\asm-3.1.jar . . . .
[RetroWeaver] Processing 510 classes
[RetroWeaver] 510 classes weaved.

The information contained in this e-mail and any accompanying documents may contain information that is confidential or otherwise protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, or if this message has been addressed to you in error, please immediately alert the sender by reply e-mail and then delete this message, including any attachments. Any dissemination, distribution or other use of the contents of this message by anyone other than the intended recipient is strictly prohibited. All messages sent to and from this e-mail address may be monitored as permitted by applicable law and regulations to ensure compliance with our internal policies and to protect our business. E-mails are not secure and cannot be guaranteed to be error free as they can be intercepted, amended, lost or destroyed, or contain viruses. You are deemed to have accepted these risks if you communicate with us by e-mail.

  • Fw: [OpenSAML] Open SAML on JDK 1.3.1, Kurt Werner, 12/14/2009

Archive powered by MHonArc 2.6.16.