mace-opensaml-users - Re: [OpenSAML] This DOM 3 API, method getWholeText of interface org.w3c.dom.Text, is not supported

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

Re: [OpenSAML] This DOM 3 API, method getWholeText of interface org.w3c.dom.Text, is not supported

  • From: Chad La Joie <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [OpenSAML] This DOM 3 API, method getWholeText of interface org.w3c.dom.Text, is not supported
  • Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2009 21:11:31 +0100

What was IBM's suggestion for this?

Jochen van Waasen wrote:
Hi guys!

I am really desperate because I can not make opensaml work in WebSphere. I guess this is a class loader issue but maybe someone knows ...

My issue is this:
org.w3c.dom.DOMException: WSWS3732E: Error: This DOM 3 API, method getWholeText of interface org.w3c.dom.Text, is not supported.
at com.ibm.ws.webservices.engine.xmlsoap.dom.impl.DOMTextImpl.getWholeText(DOMTextImpl.java:210)
at org.opensaml.xml.io.AbstractXMLObjectUnmarshaller.unmarshallTextContent(AbstractXMLObjectUnmarshaller.java:336)

I ship all opensaml .jars (plus xalan and xerces) with my enterprise application. The classloader for the app is set to APPLICATION FIRST. So it should look at the .jars that come with the enterprise application first before it tries to load other .jars. I have tried the endorsed mechanism of the jre and put in opensaml .jars (plus xalan and xerces) jars on the jre level but the error is still the same.

My code looks like this:

DefaultBootstrap.bootstrap();
UnmarshallerFactory unmarshallerFactory = Configuration
.getUnmarshallerFactory();
Unmarshaller unmarshaller = unmarshallerFactory
.getUnmarshaller(assertionElement);
// The next line produces the exception
Assertion samlAssertion = (Assertion)unmarshaller
.unmarshall(assertionElement);

I need to put something in my classpath so that com.ibm.ws.webservices.engine.xmlsoap.dom.impl.DOMTextImpl is not used.
What .jar does the Unmarshaller need?

Thanks
Jochen

--