mace-opensaml-users - Re: [OpenSAML] Problem Setting up OpenSAML in Eclipse

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

Re: [OpenSAML] Problem Setting up OpenSAML in Eclipse

  • From: Suneet Shah <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [OpenSAML] Problem Setting up OpenSAML in Eclipse
  • Date: Mon, 02 Nov 2009 00:05:11 -0500

Thanks Chad.
I see that a linked project is pulling in version 1.5.2 which is probably the cause of this.

Chad La Joie wrote:
Is eclipse using a different version? If it's loaded first then that is the one that will be used.

Suneet Shah wrote:
Most of those messages suggest that I should use version 1.5.6 of this library. I did that, but I still get this error.
Also, I notice that in the OpenSAML download, you are using 1.5.8. This error only occurs within Eclipse and not in Tomcat 6.20 when I deploy my app.

Chad La Joie wrote:
And when you search for that error in the mailing list archives or on google what do you find?

Suneet Shah wrote:
Hello:

I am trying to setup a project in eclipse using OpenSAML 2.3. However I getting the following exception with the SLF4J libraries. I am using version 1.5.8 and have included the following dependencies in my maven project. Any thoughts on what I am doing wrong?

Thanks

junit.framework.AssertionFailedError: Exception in constructor: testGoodPasswordAuth (java.lang.IllegalAccessError: tried to access field org.slf4j.impl.StaticLoggerBinder.SINGLETON from class org.slf4j.LoggerFactory
at org.slf4j.LoggerFactory.<clinit>(LoggerFactory.java:60)
at org.apache.commons.logging.impl.SLF4JLogFactory.getInstance(SLF4JLogFactory.java:155)
at org.apache.commons.logging.impl.SLF4JLogFactory.getInstance(SLF4JLogFactory.java:131)
at org.apache.commons.logging.LogFactory.getLog(LogFactory.java:351)

<dependency>
<groupId>org.opensaml</groupId>
<artifactId>opensaml</artifactId>
<version>2.3.0</version>