mace-opensaml-users - Re: [OpenSAML] Unmarshall and validating an SAML file

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

Re: [OpenSAML] Unmarshall and validating an SAML file

  • From: Brent Putman <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [OpenSAML] Unmarshall and validating an SAML file
  • Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2009 16:31:20 -0400

I don't see anything obviously wrong with what you doing vis-a-vis the
XML parsing. Not much can go wrong there, it's not even the opensaml
code, just JAXP. So check that that is the correct filename, that the
file isn't empty, etc.

Are you sure the error is from that line? I don't see you calling
DefaultBootstrap.bootstrap() in your code snippet. Failing to bootstrap
the library that would most likely generate an NPE a few lines down,
where an attempt would be made to use the (null reference) unmarshaller .