mace-opensaml-users - XML Signature issue in openSAML1.1

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

XML Signature issue in openSAML1.1

  • From: <>
  • To: <>
  • Subject: XML Signature issue in openSAML1.1
  • Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2009 03:27:48 -0400

I am using openSAML1.1 for generating SAML 1.0 assertions and signing
it. I realised that openSAML1.1 by default uses
http://www.w3.org/2001/10/xml-exc-c14n# algorithm for canonicalization.
Since XML canonicalization is used, inserted a space between two
elements in a signed assertion and with this signature validation
started failing. Why is the signature validation failing ?? According to
my undersatnding a space between two XML elements shouldn't have
contributed to the digest value when canonicalization is used. If this
is a known issue, is it fixed in opensaml 2.X ??

Thanks,
Bharath