mace-opensaml-users - "OpenSAML 1 to 2 transition" 2

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

"OpenSAML 1 to 2 transition" 2

  • From: "Alexander Müller" <>
  • To: <>
  • Subject: "OpenSAML 1 to 2 transition" 2
  • Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2009 16:56:16 +0200

Hello,

as followup to my previous question, as to how to migrate from OpenSAML 1
with SAML 1.x to OpenSAML 2 with SAML 2
(http://groups.google.com/group/opensaml-users/browse_thread/thread/0c89e5415c141ece),
I have taken a look at a few of the mentioned examples/implementations -
particularly at
http://code.crt.realtors.org/projects/websso/browser/ClareitySecuritySSO/trunk/src/net/clareitysecurity/websso
- and believe(!) to understand a bit more now.

However to avoid proceeding in the wrong direction I'd be really very happy
if someone could simply confirm whether I am on the right track.

So far I think, for the IdP implementation I'd basically need to wrap a
HttpServletRequestAdapter around the incoming HttpServletRequest

HttpServletRequestAdapter requestAdapter=new HttpServletRequestAdapter(req);

which I then associate with a BasicSAMLMessageContext using
setInboundMessageTransport()

msgCtx.setInboundMessageTransport(requestAdapter);

then I'd have to use a HTTPPostDecoder to decode the request

new HTTPPostDecoder(new BasicParserPool()).decode(msgCtx);

which then allows me to access the SAML request via
msgCtx.getInboundSAMLMessage()

Is this more or less correct or am I heading in the wrong direction? For the
response I assume I'd need to do the same in the reverse order
(msgCtx.setOutboundMessageTransport(), msgCtx.setOutboundSAMLMessage())
although sending it off doesnt seem to be clear to me yet.

Thanks again for any hints or comments :),
Alexander