mace-opensaml-users - External calculation of XML Signature

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

External calculation of XML Signature

  • From: "López Hernández-Ardieta, Jorge" <>
  • To: <>
  • Cc: "Heppe, John" <>, "Alcalde-Moraño Jensen, Joaquín" <>
  • Subject: External calculation of XML Signature
  • Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2009 10:59:33 +0200

Hi all,

We need to sign the SAML tokens by using private keys stored in a Hardware Cryptograhic Module. The access to the HSM is provided by an external entity, which offers a signing interface by means of a Web Service. As a result, the XML signature calculation is carried out externally to OpenSAML library.

The question is: Is it possible to calculate the signature externally, and afterwards append the signature node to the SAML Token? I guess it must be easy to perform, but I don’t know if the marshalling would break the signature integrity…

Thanks in advance,

Best,

Jorge López Hernández-Ardieta
Senior Engineer

Security Division

Parque Empresarial La Finca. Edificio 4. Pº del Club Deportivo, 1.
28223 - Pozuelo de Alarcón (Madrid)

91 257 91 59

www.indra.es

indra