mace-opensaml-users - Re: [OpenSAML] Facing issues with the method "org.opensaml.DefaultBootstrap.bootstrap"

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

Re: [OpenSAML] Facing issues with the method "org.opensaml.DefaultBootstrap.bootstrap"

  • From: Chad La Joie <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [OpenSAML] Facing issues with the method "org.opensaml.DefaultBootstrap.bootstrap"
  • Date: Wed, 01 Jul 2009 17:06:44 +0200

Hmm... and there wasn't any more to that stack trace? All I can tell you is that if you correctly endorsed any remotely recent version of Xerces you won't encounter that error. As you're trying to use this with Axis be sure you're putting the endorsed libs in the right place. Tomcat, for example, requires them to be in a special place, different form that of the standard VM location.

Thilina Mahesh Buddhika wrote:
Hi Chad,

Actually I have mistakenly stated that I have checked the classpath. What I
did was analyzing the list of open files of that program. There I saw the
endorsed jars are also listed. Sometimes I may have missed something here.

What I have posted earlier was the portion of the stack trace that
corresponds to OpenSAML 2. But for to make this clear, I will post the whole
stack trace.
[java] java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException: This parser does not
support specification "null" version "null"
[java] at
javax.xml.parsers.DocumentBuilderFactory.setXIncludeAware(Unknown Source)
[java] at
org.opensaml.xml.parse.BasicParserPool.initializePool(BasicParserPool.java:496)
[java] at
org.opensaml.xml.parse.BasicParserPool.<init>(BasicParserPool.java:138)
[java] at
org.opensaml.xml.XMLConfigurator.<init>(XMLConfigurator.java:87)
[java] at
org.opensaml.xml.XMLConfigurator.<init>(XMLConfigurator.java:73)
[java] at
org.opensaml.DefaultBootstrap.initializeXMLTooling(DefaultBootstrap.java:139)
[java] at
org.opensaml.DefaultBootstrap.bootstrap(DefaultBootstrap.java:83)
[java] at
org.apache.rahas.impl.SAML2TokenIssuer.issue(SAML2TokenIssuer.java:138)
[java] at
org.apache.rahas.TokenRequestDispatcher.handle(TokenRequestDispatcher.java:70)
[java] at
org.apache.rahas.STSMessageReceiver.invokeBusinessLogic(STSMessageReceiver.java:57)
[java] at
org.apache.axis2.receivers.AbstractInOutMessageReceiver.invokeBusinessLogic(AbstractInOutMessageReceiver.java:40)
[java] at
org.apache.axis2.receivers.AbstractMessageReceiver.receive(AbstractMessageReceiver.java:100)
[java] at
org.apache.axis2.engine.AxisEngine.receive(AxisEngine.java:176)
[java] at
org.apache.axis2.transport.http.HTTPTransportUtils.processHTTPPostRequest(HTTPTransportUtils.java:275)
[java] at
org.apache.axis2.transport.http.HTTPWorker.service(HTTPWorker.java:278)
[java] at
org.apache.axis2.transport.http.server.AxisHttpService.doService(AxisHttpService.java:281)
[java] at
org.apache.axis2.transport.http.server.AxisHttpService.handleRequest(AxisHttpService.java:187)
[java] at
org.apache.axis2.transport.http.server.HttpServiceProcessor.run(HttpServiceProcessor.java:82)
[java] at
edu.emory.mathcs.backport.java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1061)
[java] at
edu.emory.mathcs.backport.java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:575)

Thanks.

best regards,
thilina

E-Mail :

I blog here : http://thilinamb.com

On Wed, Jul 1, 2009 at 7:48 PM, Chad La Joie

I can't tell without more information, but I strongly suspect it's an
endorsement issue. Xerces 2.something and above (basically any xerces
release from the last 5-7 years) supports that method. Looking on the
classpath does not tell you whether something is endorsed. Endorsed
libraries do NOT show up there. Now you may endorse a library AND put them
on your classpath but those are two different things with two different
outcomes.

Was there more to that stack trace?

wrote:

hi all,

I am trying to develop the SAML2 support in Apache Rampart. While trying
to build an assertion, the following exception is thrown when trying to
invoke DefaultBootstrap.bootstrap() method.

---------------------------------
[...]

I have already endorsed Xerces and Xalan. I am using JDK 1.5 and Xerces
2.9.1. One interesting point is that I have a simple program that creates a
assertion using the hard coded parameters, and that works fine. Once I added
this to my main program, I started to hit this error.

I saw this error has been reported sometime back to this list[1], then the
solution provided there is to endorse the JAXP implementation. But I have
already done that and it works fine for me in one scenario. I checked the
classpath while the erroneous program and it seems that the endorsed jars
have been picked up.

It would be really appreciated if someone can guide me to the solution.

Thanks in advance.

best regards,
thilina

[1] -