mace-opensaml-users - Re: [OpenSAML] Relying party with OpenSAML works on Windows, but NullPointerException on Debian System

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

Re: [OpenSAML] Relying party with OpenSAML works on Windows, but NullPointerException on Debian System

  • From: Nico Peters <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [OpenSAML] Relying party with OpenSAML works on Windows, but NullPointerException on Debian System
  • Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2009 14:46:59 +0100

Hi,
thanks for your answer. I will try to get in touch with the JInfoCard guys. We now found out that the same error occurs on Mac OS X.

cheers

nico

On Mon, Feb 2, 2009 at 9:45 AM, Chad La Joie <> wrote:
Well, this would normally occur if the OpenSAML library wasn't
initialized.  Now, normally I would expect this to be done by the
application using the library and certainly not the people using that
application/library.  My guess, though, is that since it works on one
platform and not another it's probably a path issue.  To initialize
itself OpenSAML reads a set of configuration files that tells it,
amongst other things, all the marshallers, unmarshallers, and object
factories to use for the various XML elements with which it should work.

I'd send a note to the JInfoCard folks and ask about this.