mace-opensaml-users - RE: [OpenSAML] new user - AttributeQuery / SOAP question

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

RE: [OpenSAML] new user - AttributeQuery / SOAP question

  • From: Paolo Selvini <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: RE: [OpenSAML] new user - AttributeQuery / SOAP question
  • Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2008 11:29:55 +0100
  • Accept-language: it-IT, en-US
  • Acceptlanguage: it-IT, en-US

[...]

> Note also that OpenSAML doesn't yet have a SOAP client component
> (hopefully in the next minor release), so assuming you actually want to
> send the AttributeQuery somewhere over the SAML SOAP binding, you would
> need something there too, and something like Axis2 is a good candidate,
> so maybe kill 2 birds with 1 stone. See their basic "raw" client that
> just takes OMElements as input/output. Or you can roll your own client,
> since the SAML SOAP binding is not very complicated.

Hi! I am still using OpenSAML 2.1.0 (about to upgrade to the latest 2.2.2)
and I noticed the presence of some classes in the OpenWS library that
apparently could work as a SOAP client (I need it to send AttributeQuery
messages over the SOAP binding and to get the related responses).
Specifically, I am talking about the class
org.opensaml.ws.soap.client.SOAPClient with the method

void send(URI endpointURI, MessageContext messageContext)

Is that class usable? If so, how could I generate a correct MessageContext?
Are there any code samples somewhere? I looked in the OpenWS test classes but
I could not find anything about SOAP messages handling.

Thanks,
Paolo

Le informazioni contenute in questa comunicazione e negli allegati sono
riservate; e' vietato a soggetti diversi dai destinatari qualsiasi uso,
copia, diffusione di quanto in essi contenuto.
Se avete ricevuto questa copia per errore, vi preghiamo di distruggerla
immediatamente ed informarci via e-mail.

Prima di stampare questa e-mail consideratene l'impatto sull'ambiente. Grazie
per la collaborazione.

This e-mail and any attachment(s) are strictly confidential. This message
must not be copied, disclosed or used by anybody other than the intended
recipient(s).
If you are not the intended recipient, please inform the sender by e-mail and
destroy this message immediately.

Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail. Thank you for
your cooperation.