mace-opensaml-users - Re: [OpenSAML] RE: SAML1.1 response signature validation fails but assertion signature validation passes

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

Re: [OpenSAML] RE: SAML1.1 response signature validation fails but assertion signature validation passes

  • From: Brent Putman <>
  • To:
  • Cc: Scott Cantor <>
  • Subject: Re: [OpenSAML] RE: SAML1.1 response signature validation fails but assertion signature validation passes
  • Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2008 00:29:16 -0500

Pantvaidya, Vishwajit wrote:

[Pantvaidya, Vishwajit] That didn't work (I got an exception on the IdP side while generating a message) - maybe the IdP uses some 1.2.1 xmlsec api that is not there in 1.4.2

If you could build xmlsec 1.2.1 from source, adding in the digester and signer debug output that 1.4.2 has would be pretty easy.  I looked at it awhile back, just a few lines each, pretty easy to backport if you wanted.  I believe it's all in those 2 classes I mentioned earlier.