mace-opensaml-users - Re: [OpenSAML] error validating signature on SAML2 EncryptedAssertions decrypted with OpenSAML

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

Re: [OpenSAML] error validating signature on SAML2 EncryptedAssertions decrypted with OpenSAML

  • From: Joakim Recht <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: Re: [OpenSAML] error validating signature on SAML2 EncryptedAssertions decrypted with OpenSAML
  • Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2008 16:02:02 +0100

Taylor, Christopher wrote:
Dear List,

I'm using OpenSAML to handle SAML (1 and 2) assertions, both encrypted and
plaintext. However, I'm getting the following exception when trying to
validate the signature on a SAML2 EncryptedAssertion after decrypting it
using OpenSAML:

You can find the assertion (encrypted and decrypted) that the above stack
trace refers to at http://informationcard.sourceforge.net/temp/

I'd be grateful for any hints on what's wrong.

Hi

I don't know if it's the same problem, but when I decrypt an assertion, I have to marshall/unmarshall it after decryption before the signature can be validated (I serialize to a string and read it back using an unmarshaller).

Regards,
--
Joakim Recht

Trifork A/S, Margrethepladsen 4, 8000 Aarhus C, Denmark
Phone: +45 8732 8787 / Mobile: +45 2021 6257
http://www.trifork.com - E-mail: