mace-opensaml-users - Re: [OpenSAML] OpenSAML SignatureValidator Issues!

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

Re: [OpenSAML] OpenSAML SignatureValidator Issues!

  • From: Brent Putman <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [OpenSAML] OpenSAML SignatureValidator Issues!
  • Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2008 13:14:12 -0500

wrote:

 My mean is  whether   <ds:Signature> ..<ds:Signature> included in <samp:Assetion ..> ..</samp:Assetion>  will affect the SignatureValidator.validate(..).

No, it doesn't affect it.  What you are doing there in SAML is called an enveloped signature (vs detached and enveloping.  See the XML Signature spec for me info).  In the SignedInfo/Reference, the enveloped signature Transform logically removes the Signature element from the data over which the signature is computed.  The W3C XML Signature spec covers all this if you want to know more.