mace-opensaml-users - Re: [OpenSAML] HTTPRedirectDeflateEncoder/Decoder

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

Re: [OpenSAML] HTTPRedirectDeflateEncoder/Decoder

  • From: Ginés Dólera Tormo <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [OpenSAML] HTTPRedirectDeflateEncoder/Decoder
  • Date: Fri, 05 Sep 2008 02:47:25 +0200

Thank you for your quick answer.
So I have to send the Query manually?
I mean, do I have to "marshall" the AttributeQuery, convert in Base64, add it as a parameter, send it with my HttpClient, ...?
Isn't there a way to do it easier like in the 1.1 version?

Chad La Joie wrote:
That adapter is specifically for use with servlets. If you're not
working in a servlet container you need to create something else that
will implement that interface. What you use is going to depend on your
environment. You might use a library like HttpClient or something else
that your environment provides.

wrote:
Hi,

I'm trying to use opensaml-2.1 too, and I'm having some troubles using the
binding.
I need to send an AttributeQuery to a servlet from an Identity
Provider(another servlet) or from an application. In opensaml-1.1 I only had
to do something like:

SAMLBinding binding = SAMLBindingFactory.getInstance(SAMLSOAPBinding.SOAP);
SAMLResponse response =
binding.send("http://www.example.com/AttributeServlet/",samlRequest);

but in opensaml-2.1 I need to use a HttpServletRequestAdapter, whose need a
javax.servlet.http.HttpServletResponse, and I don't no how can I create a
HttpServletResponse.
I have seen the examples tests, and I have seen that it use a
MockHttpServletResponse to create the HttpServletResponse, but this class is
only used for testing and not send anything to the Attribute Servlet.
How can I send a Query using the opensaml-2.1 bindings?

Thanks.
Gines.