mace-opensaml-users - Problem creating an opensaml ConditionType

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

Problem creating an opensaml ConditionType

  • From: Karen Loughran <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Problem creating an opensaml ConditionType
  • Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2008 15:06:46 +0100

Hi all,

I'm creating an ApplyType (applyTypeOutter below) and setting it as the
expression on a ConditionType - (The ApplyType instance has a valid hex
address). But immediately afterwards when I get the ApplyType back it
returns null ??

ApplyType applyTypeOutter = getOutterApplyType(debutCondition);

System.out.println("applyTypeOutter = " + applyTypeOutter);
// Valid hex address printed

conditionType.setExpression(applyTypeOutter);

ApplyType ap1 = ((ApplyType) conditionType.getExpression());

System.out.println("ap1 = " + ap1);
// Null printed

I'm using version 2.1.1 (built from SVN revision 1318) branch REL_2
Is it a bug with this version ?

Thanks for your help,
Karen