mace-opensaml-users - Re: [OpenSAML] XML signing and valdation

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

Re: [OpenSAML] XML signing and valdation

  • From: Paul Hethmon <>
  • To: OpenSAML List <>
  • Subject: Re: [OpenSAML] XML signing and valdation
  • Date: Tue, 13 May 2008 10:19:21 -0400

Title: Re: [OpenSAML] XML signing and valdation
Try our project for a fairly straightforward implementation:

  http://code.crt.realtors.org/projects/websso/

Paul

On 5/13/08 5:36 AM, "Mattias Jonsson" <> wrote:

Hi!

I'm a beginner to XML signing and I have some problem to get it work.

My test setup:

1. I have singed an Assertion and generated the XML file
2. I parse the XML file and try to validate the signature of the Assertion object

I get a ValidationException when I try to validate the Assertion:

org.opensaml.xml.validation.ValidationException: Signature did not validate against the credential's key
    at org.opensaml.xml.signature.SignatureValidator.validate(SignatureValidator.java:78)

Anyone that has a fully working example of the use-case?

SAMLObject => Sign => Generate XML file => Read XML file => Validate signature on SAMLObject

Regards,
Mattias

--
Paul Hethmon