mace-opensaml-users - Re: [OpenSAML] XACML providers not correctly registered by DefaultBootstrap?

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

Re: [OpenSAML] XACML providers not correctly registered by DefaultBootstrap?

  • From: Brent Putman <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [OpenSAML] XACML providers not correctly registered by DefaultBootstrap?
  • Date: Thu, 01 May 2008 18:14:38 -0400

Thanks for trying that out. I updated the Jira issue, the importNode approach doesn't really work as simply as I was suggesting, since it copies the node and that's the one you need to be the operative one. It would require more substantial and non-trivial changes to the code. Probably won't do that right away, even assuming it's feasible. In the short-term I think we may have to live with just throwing an error in the case that adoption fails. I don't want to risk breaking something so fundamental to the library, without a bit of thought.

Kenny Pearce wrote:
Altering XMLTooling according to the patches I submitted on your bug
report and NOT releasing the DOM causes things to work correctly for me,
at least for now. This does NOT solve the namespace problem. Thanks.