mace-opensaml-users - Re: [OpenSAML] Saml error - Element 'Signature' is not valid for content model

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

Re: [OpenSAML] Saml error - Element 'Signature' is not valid for content model

  • From: Brent Putman <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [OpenSAML] Saml error - Element 'Signature' is not valid for content model
  • Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2008 13:35:06 -0400

Well, it's hard for me to read and I can't pull into my editor to format b/c it doesn't like all the backslash-escaped quotes... but that error means something is schema invalid with respect to the Signature element.  Either you have a problem or typo with the qualified name of the signature element, or perhaps you have the Signature element(s) in the wrong place in the document (out of order wrt the schema).  If you pull into an XML editor and validate it against the schema it should tell you exactly where the problem is.

Patrick Krug wrote:
I am having a problem with my saml implementation.     I have implemented my saml 1.1 using c# on windows.   The vendors saml implementation is using the opensaml programs.
What am I doing wrong?

The error message on the vendors side is : XML::Parser detected an error during parsing: Element 'Signature' is not valid for content model