mace-opensaml-users - OpenSAML Update

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

OpenSAML Update

  • From: Chad La Joie <>
  • To: mace-opensaml-users <>
  • Subject: OpenSAML Update
  • Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2008 19:02:57 +0100

A couple of updates on OpenSAML.

opensaml.org has been moved to the Internet2 wiki to make it easier for us to update and manage. No new documentation is yet available but the information from the Shibboleth wiki and the old opensaml.org site has been moved into this new wiki. The next step, obviously, is to start adding documentation. One group using the library has expressed interest in doing this, so, with luck, we might have some new docs in the future. Also, I added a list of projects, that I know of, that are using OpenSAML. If you're on this email list and you're using the library feel free to add yourself.

The EGEE Collaboration has contributed its second batch of code to the OpenSAML project. This code is focused on WS-Trust, WS-Security, WS-Addressing, and a small bit of WS-Policy and will be used in the WS-Trust STS to be built on to of Shibboleth. The initial import has been done and is available in 'wstrustIntegration' branch of the OpenWS project. As with their initial XACML contribution this code won't be in the initial release of the library but will be added in shortly thereafter.

We are currently expecting to release Shibboleth 2.0 next week. Part of this release process will include the 2.0 releases of the OpenSAML C++ & Java libraries.

--
SWITCH
Serving Swiss Universities

  • OpenSAML Update, Chad La Joie, 02/25/2008