mace-opensaml-users - ignorable white space and signature validation

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

ignorable white space and signature validation

  • From: Kenny Pearce <>
  • To:
  • Subject: ignorable white space and signature validation
  • Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2008 12:12:42 -0500

Hi,
I'm trying to validate a signature using the
ExplicitKeySignatureTrustEngine and the KeyStoreCredential resolver and
it isn't working. Does ignorable white space (e.g. between XML elements)
matter with exclusive canonicalization? That's the only difference I can
find that's being introduced between signing and validation. I'm using
the same signing code you guys helped me get working before, but the
transport has changed and I'm now using the TrustEngine.
I've also, just in general, had difficulty finding much documentation
on how to do this stuff. I'm looking at the javadocs and I've seen the
wiki, but the wiki says it hasn't been updated for the latest library
versions.

Kenny Pearce
<>
Hx Technologies