mace-opensaml-users - Re: Help needed

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

Re: Help needed

  • From: Chad La Joie <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: Help needed
  • Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2008 16:22:27 +0100

If your expectations are that you'll find some set of examples that a) will teach how to use SAML and b) are under, say, 500 lines of code, than you're not going to find it. It doesn't exist and can't because this stuff has an inherent complexity.

Now, I have seen some SAML "implementations" that are short and claim to be easy to use. Without exception everyone of them has been horribly insecure. A feature you probably don't want in a protocol that is supposed to be all about security.

So, you'll need to make a call on whether you're going to be able to invest the time that it will take to learn the problem space or not. This means, first of all, understanding SAML which in turn is going to mean reading and understanding specs and looking at code like Clarity's SSO client or the Shibboleth SP. If you're invest this time we can help use the OpenSAML library to solve identified, specific, SAML use cases.

wrote:
yeah i have seen similar post. But those answers didn't satisfy
me.Actually i want to know how i could create, send, receive and
parse saml message using openSAML. A java source code for sending and
receiving saml message will explain me more.So could u mail me or
post some java source code?

--
SWITCH
Serving Swiss Universities