mace-opensaml-users - Re: Adding SAML request to SOAP

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

Re: Adding SAML request to SOAP

  • From: Brent Putman <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: Adding SAML request to SOAP
  • Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2008 16:48:49 -0500

I don't think we have an example like that currently.  Might be easy to supply, it depends, but:  It's also not clear what you are trying to do.  Do you mean add a SAML *Assertion* to a SOAP *header* as a security token, as in WS-Security?  Or do you mean add a SAML *Request* type to the *Body* of a SOAP Envelope for conveying to a recipient using a SOAP transport, as in the SAML 2 SOAP binding?  Or something else?

I'm not aware of any profile or usage that adds a SAML *Request* to a SOAP *header*.  Not to say that there isn't something, but that would seem a little odd.

--Brent

Veenita Tikle wrote:

Do we have a sample file where I can see how to add a saml request to soap header and then send the soap request to a web service?