mace-opensaml-users - Re: java-opensaml2 JUnit faults

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

Re: java-opensaml2 JUnit faults

  • From: Brent Putman <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: java-opensaml2 JUnit faults
  • Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2008 15:01:42 -0500

Ok, thanks, these are now fixed on the trunk.  Thanks especially for the SAML content reference patch - that was a pesky one.

--Brent

Clifford Johnson wrote:

I’m trying to perform an ANT driven build of a snapshot of the OpenSAML 2 libraries and am trying to get a clean JUnit test.  I’ve not addressed all of the failures in the java-opensaml2 project but I’ve attached a patch file for the ones I believe I have addressed.

There are two groups of failures addressed by the patch.  The first group addresses failed HTTP decoder tests – it seems that the HttpMockServletRequest needs a method value.  So I patched the decoder tests to set the expected HTTP method value.

The second group of failures is the test cases in EntityRoleFilterTest.  They each failed with a NullPointerException in TreeMap.  The root cause is the content of the prefix Set passed to org.apache.xml.security.transforms.params.InclusiveNamespaces in org.opensaml.common.impl.SAMLObjectContentReference#processExclusiveTransform – the set contains a null entry (representing the default namespace) not allowed in the TreeSet/TreeMap used internally by xmlsec.  My patch uses a value of “xmlns” instead of the null value used for the default namespace as indirectly documented by InclusiveNamespaces.

Hope you find these changes helpful.

Clifford

  • Re: java-opensaml2 JUnit faults, Brent Putman, 02/10/2008