mace-opensaml-users - Re: [opensaml2.0]Validating XML Signature

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

Re: [opensaml2.0]Validating XML Signature

  • From: Chad La Joie <>
  • To: mace-opensaml-users <>
  • Subject: Re: [opensaml2.0]Validating XML Signature
  • Date: Tue, 05 Feb 2008 11:39:22 +0100

This is the error you get when something has corrupted the signature. Given that this is assertion is schema invalid and does not have the inclusive namespace list I'm guessing it wasn't OpenSAML that generated the assertion.

So, I'd begin looking at what produced or transported the XML. As Scott has said before, there isn't any easy way to diagnose this problem. You basically have to compare the octet stream of the created XML (before transportation or any other serialization) and the octet-stream right before you validate the signature.

Dimuthu Leelarathne wrote:
Hi All,

I am trying to validate a xml signature, but the validation fails giving
me the following error.[1]

This is how I try to retrieve the Modulus and Exponent. [2]

The saml assertion is available here [3]

I can't figure out what I am doing wrong. Your ideas are very much
appreciated.

Thank you,
Dimuthu

[1]
150194 [main] INFO org.apache.xml.security.signature.Reference -
Verification successful for URI
"#uuid:cb8141e4-44df-4791-9bde-a65b8f75599c"
Exception in thread "main"
org.opensaml.xml.validation.ValidationException: Signature did not
validate against the credential's key
at
org.opensaml.xml.signature.SignatureValidator.validate(SignatureValidator.java:78)

[2]http://ww2.wso2.org/~dimuthul/SAML2Test.java

[3]http://ww2.wso2.org/~dimuthul/selfsigned-saml.xml

--
SWITCH