mace-opensaml-users - Missing symbols in Visual Studio build

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

Missing symbols in Visual Studio build

  • From: "Brian Sheely" <>
  • To: <>
  • Subject: Missing symbols in Visual Studio build
  • Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2007 10:19:44 -0700

This is probably more of a Windows build question, but perhaps someone can enlighten a previous Linux developer. While building opensaml2 in Visual Studio 2005, the output window indicates that SAML2Redirect.cpp is compiled. And a corresponding object is in fact created. I would assume that the object file is later linked into the library. Since deflate is one of the functions in that object, I would expect to find its symbol when I dump the .dll.

Brian Sheely