mace-opensaml-users - problem sending <LogoutResponse>

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

problem sending <LogoutResponse>

  • From:
  • To:
  • Subject: problem sending <LogoutResponse>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2007 09:19:56 -0400 (EDT)

Hello,

I have a question regarding sending a <LogoutResponse>. I assumed this was
done with the HTTPRedirectDeflateEncoder like this:

messageContext.setOutboundSAMLMessage(logoutResponse);
HTTPRedirectDeflateEncoder encoder = new HTTPRedirectDeflateEncoder();
encoder.encode(messageContext);

However, i get the following error:
org.opensaml.ws.message.encoder.MessageEncodingException: SAML message is
neither a SAML RequestAbstractType or Response

this happens in the following code in the HTTPRedirectDeflateEncoder:
if (messagesContext.getOutboundSAMLMessage() instanceof RequestAbstractType) {
queryParams.add(new Pair<String, String>("SAMLRequest", message));
} else if (messagesContext.getOutboundSAMLMessage() instanceof
Response) {
queryParams.add(new Pair<String, String>("SAMLResponse",
message));
} else {
throw new MessageEncodingException("SAML message is neither a
SAML RequestAbstractType or Response");
}

LogoutResponse is indeed not a subclass of Response but of
StatusResponseType, so the exception is thrown. I am using the same way for
LogoutRequests and that works just fine (because LogoutRequest is an instance
of RequestAbstractType).

So my question is, what am i doing wrong with the LogoutResponse? Do i need
to send it in another way?

kind regards,

Paul