mace-opensaml-users - AuthnContextDecl

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

AuthnContextDecl

  • From: Frank Cornelis <>
  • To:
  • Subject: AuthnContextDecl
  • Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2007 10:45:39 +0200

Hi,

Both the saml-core-2.0-os.pdf specification as the
saml-schema-assertion-2.0.xsd state that the AuthnContextDecl is defined
as follows:
<element name="AuthnContextDeclRef" type="anyURI"/>

What I'm trying to do is to use the
saml-schema-authn-context-ppt-2.0.xsd via JAXB2. After marshaling I end
up with a DOM. But when I then do:
authnContextDecl.setDOM(passwordDeclaration.getDocumentElement());
I end up with 'AuthenticationContextDeclaration' as top-level element
instead of 'AuthnContextDecl'. Is it possible that the
saml-schema-authn-context-types-2.0.xsd is offering the wrong top-level
element?

Is anyone playing with these authentication context declarations? Any
examples on how to use these via opensaml2 and JAXB2? Are there any
plans for supporting some of the authentication context declarations out
of the box?

Regards,
Frank.