mace-opensaml-users - RE: Profile question

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

RE: Profile question

  • From: "Scott Cantor" <>
  • To: <>
  • Subject: RE: Profile question
  • Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2007 11:46:54 -0400

> I was looking at the Shibboleth 2.0 Java Service Prodvider Development
> plan indicates the development for the profile handlers etc havent
> started yet. Any information that you can give me about the timelines
> would be helpful.

Due to limited resources and to some degree demand, the 2.0 release does not
include a Java SP, so there is no timeline to give you other than "not
soon".

I would be curious, as usual, to know what environment you think you will be
able to use a Java SP with our footprint that would not invalidate support
from your application vendor (if any). Is it a custom app, or something
packaged?