mace-opensaml-users - Off-list Support Requests

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

Off-list Support Requests

  • From: Chad La Joie <>
  • To: , OpenSAML <>
  • Subject: Off-list Support Requests
  • Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2007 21:09:27 -0400

I have people email me off-list for support on various things from time to time. I just want to be clear about my stance.

I will not answer off-list support requests.

I believe that that notes posted to the list a) have a better chance of being answered by the community (since they'll actually see them) and b) in the event that I do need to provide the answer, the information is disseminated more widely. I also have a fairly constrained amount of time usually (for those that didn't know only a quarter of my time (10hrs/week) is allocated to work on OpenSAML/Shibboleth).

So please, use the mailing lists, issue tracker, wiki (part of using a wiki is contributing to it, hint hint ;).

--
Chad La Joie 2052-C Harris Bldg
OIS-Middleware 202.687.0124

  • Off-list Support Requests, Chad La Joie, 07/10/2007