mace-opensaml-users - Serializing / Deserializing SAMLAssertions

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

Serializing / Deserializing SAMLAssertions

  • From: Christina Cunningham <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Serializing / Deserializing SAMLAssertions
  • Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2007 16:17:24 +0100

Hi,

I am trying to serialize / deserialize SAMLAssertions using XStream. The SAMLAssertions serialize fine, but deserialization fails because the Log4j logger is serialized along with the assertion.

I have used a work around by marking all the loggers created in the opensaml code as 'transient' so they won't serialize with the rest of the class. Is there any reason why these loggers should NOT be marked transient in the opensaml code base?

I am currently using opensaml-1.1, but the same problem exists with the opensaml-2.0 code.

Regards,

Christina

--
Christina Cunningham