mace-opensaml-users - RE: Build note for cpp-xmltooling developers

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

RE: Build note for cpp-xmltooling developers

  • From: "Scott Cantor" <>
  • To: <>
  • Subject: RE: Build note for cpp-xmltooling developers
  • Date: Thu, 17 May 2007 13:22:39 -0400

> I will try this when you are done. This is excactly what I need at the
> moment.

I'm semi-done, it took less time than I expected to make the additional
changes. The -lite version currently includes none of the security APIs and
has no provided SOAPTransport implementations, but does have the SOAP APIs
in place.

There's probably more work to do around what happens when it parses a
Signature object, I'll have to look at that. It obviously won't have a real
working object and would probably just sub in the Unknown object type for
it.

The dependency list for it is xerces-c and log4cpp, but not xmlsec, libcurl,
or openssl.

There's a Windows project in place that builds the -lite version separately,
sharing the same source files.

Using the headers for a -lite project requires -DXMLTOOLING_LITE and that
should turn off the relevant APIs, but probably some bugs left there.

Of course, the cpp-opensaml project cannot be built with that, and I don't
have any plans currently to support that. It's possible, but would take a
lot of work and I don't have a need.