mace-opensaml-users - Problem Running example OpenSAML 2

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

Problem Running example OpenSAML 2

  • From: Schüler <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Problem Running example OpenSAML 2
  • Date: Wed, 16 May 2007 14:54:11 +0200

Hi

I tried using OpenSaml 2 for jdk 1.5.
Unfortunately I failed at the first example. It was the one I found at the URL below.
https://spaces.internet2.edu/display/SHIB/OSTwoUsrManJavaCreateFromScratch
The code I used is copied from the example. A listing of the code how I use it in my eclipse is attached at the end of this mail.
Eclipse show the following error:
"the type AbstractXMLObjectBuilder is not Generic; it cannot be parameterized with arguments <SAMLObjectType>"

Secondly I tried the same with OpenSaml2 for jdk 1.4.
Then the return value from the second line was null. (builderFactory.getBuilder(....))
I'm using JDK 1.5.0.11.
I am thankfull for any help

Philipp

package test;

import org.opensaml.saml2.core.Assertion;
import org.opensaml.saml2.core.impl.AssertionBuilder;
import org.opensaml.xml.Configuration;
import org.opensaml.xml.XMLObjectBuilderFactory;

public class OpenSamlTest {

XMLObjectBuilderFactory builderFactory = Configuration.getBuilderFactory();

AssertionBuilder builder = (AssertionBuilder) builderFactory.getBuilder(Assertion.DEFAULT_ELEMENT_NAME);

Assertion assertion = builder.buildObject();
}

}