mace-opensaml-users - RE: SAML signature reference

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

RE: SAML signature reference

  • From: "Scott Cantor" <>
  • To: <>
  • Subject: RE: SAML signature reference
  • Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2007 12:14:23 -0400

> The two elements are differents because I don't use
> SAMLObjectContentReference to create my reference.

You could change the reference object that's auto-attached yourself, I would
assume, but you don't want to bypass that. If you can't make it do what you
need, then there's a bug that needs to be fixed in allowing manipulation of
the default behavior.

My own code is hardwiring the c14n algorithm, so I'll probably change that,
but the digest is automatic based on the signature algorithm. Java seems to
demand a separate algorithm setting, seems like it should be derivable from
the signature algorithm in the same way, though. I don't see any use case
for using different digests in different spots.