mace-opensaml-users - Re: <saml:Statement> implementation for <saml:Statemen xsi:type="xacml-saml:XACMLAuthzDecisionStatementType"

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

Re: <saml:Statement> implementation for <saml:Statemen xsi:type="xacml-saml:XACMLAuthzDecisionStatementType"

  • From: Pedro Navarro Pérez <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: <saml:Statement> implementation for <saml:Statemen xsi:type="xacml-saml:XACMLAuthzDecisionStatementType"
  • Date: Wed, 07 Mar 2007 15:28:34 +0100

I've already done all these classes, but the point is that is an saml:Statement with a xsi:type, not an xacml-saml:XACMLAuthzDecisionStatement, so when the PoolManager tries to parse it, it tries to search the unrmarshaller for a saml:Statement, it doesn't find it.

Chad La Joie a écrit :
You need to implement an XMLObject for that particular type and then a builder, marshaller, and unmarshaller that builds, writes, and reads that object. Then register those in the configuration file for OpenSAML.

The OpenSAML documentation has fall out of sync but I'm going to work on cleaning it up today. Once done you can refer to here for instructions on how to do this:

https://spaces.internet2.edu/display/SHIB/OSTwoDeveloperManual

Pedro Navarro Pérez wrote:
Yes, you are right. But, when I tried to unmarshall an:

<saml:Statement xsi:type=""xacml-saml:XACMLAuthzDecisionType"> I have an error because there is neither UnMarshaller nor builder associated by the DOM element Statement

What do you recommend me to implement this?

Thanks

Chad La Joie a écrit :
There is nothing to code. Statement is an abstract type without content, it's the equivalent to a marker interface in Java.

Pedro Navarro Pérez wrote:
Hi,

I'm trying to extend the OpenSAML to implement the SAML 2.0 profile of XACML 2.0, and when I try to construct an <saml:Statement xsi:type"xacml-saml:XACMLAuthzDecisionType"> I realize that there is no implementation (impl, builder, unmarshaller, marshaller) when the standard points out:

<complexType name="AssertionType">
<sequence>
<element ref="saml:Issuer"/>
<element ref="ds:Signature" minOccurs="0"/>
<element ref="saml:Subject" minOccurs="0"/>
<element ref="saml:Conditions" minOccurs="0"/>
<element ref="saml:Advice" minOccurs="0"/>
<choice minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="unbounded">
*<element ref="saml:Statement"/>*
<element ref="saml:AuthnStatement"/>
<element ref="saml:AuthzDecisionStatement"/>
<element ref="saml:AttributeStatement"/>
</choice>
</sequence>

So, Are you planning to code this Statement implementation.

Thanks

Pedro Navarro Pérez

begin:vcard
	Pedro Navarro P=C3=A9rez             =0D=0A=
	EVIDIAN S.A.                    www.evidian.com=0D=0A=
	Rue Jean Jaur=C3=A8s - BP 68=0D=0A=
	78340 Les Clayes-sous-Bois      T=C3=A9l : +33 1 30 80 73 26=0D=0A=
version:2.1
end:vcard