mace-opensaml-users - Re: OpenSaml2 Library - SAML11 signature validation error

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

Re: OpenSaml2 Library - SAML11 signature validation error

  • From: Brent Putman <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: OpenSaml2 Library - SAML11 signature validation error
  • Date: Thu, 01 Feb 2007 14:00:31 -0500

Scott Cantor wrote:
I'll probably also investigate registering ID attributes with the Apache
lib explicitly for more efficient look ups, when we unmarshall a DOM, if
it's feasible.

The simplest solution for this code is just to call setIDAttribute when you
unmarshall or marshall, if you know something's an ID. I think you're doing
that for the marshaller, but not the unmarshaller.

Won't make the general case any better, but it will handle the SAML cases.

Ok, this had occurred to me as another way to implement.  If we don't consider it to be a Bad Thing to modify the DOM we're unmarshalling, then that would be a cleaner solution.  And since you're doing it in C++, I guess you don't.  :-)

I'll have to make sure to handle the AttributeExtensible cases too, using the global ID registry, shouldn't be too difficult.  Can probably centralize that in the AbstractXMLObjectUnmarshaller.