mace-opensaml-users - Help starting openSAML

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

Help starting openSAML

  • From: "Subash Devkota" <>
  • To: <>
  • Subject: Help starting openSAML
  • Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2007 18:43:58 +0545

Hi all,

I want to test and implement openSAML API. I have got the jar and code. But, I am getting problem how to start using it. I could not find any good tutorial or example for simply creating SAML objects and writing to xml.

I found one example code from
https://spaces.internet2.edu/display/SHIB/OSTwoUsrManJavaCreateFromScratch
but got error using it.

public static void main(String args[]) throws Exception{
// Get the builder factory
XMLObjectBuilderFactory builderFactory = Configuration.getBuilderFactory();
// Get the subject builder based on the subject element name
SubjectBuilder builder = (SubjectBuilder ) builderFactory.getBuilder(Subject.DEFAULT_ELEMENT_NAME);
System.out.println("subject builder is :"+builder);
// Create the subject
Subject subject = (Subject)builder.buildObject();
I got builder value in second step as null and get NullPointerException in third step as shown below:

subject builder is :null

Can any one help me how to do it. Also, I would be grateful if anyone can show me the best example or tutorial for getting started with openSAML.

Thanks in advance
Subash

PRIVACY NOTICE

This email and any attachments may be confidential and/or privileged. Use of
the information contained in this email by anyone other than the intended
recipient is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error,
please notify the sender by replying to this message and delete this email.