mace-opensaml-users - Re: Getting Exception: There are multiple occurrences of ID value

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

Re: Getting Exception: There are multiple occurrences of ID value

  • From: "Tom Scavo" <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: Getting Exception: There are multiple occurrences of ID value
  • Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2007 10:01:42 -0500

I'm quite sure you have an old copy of the library. In OpenSAML 1.1,
the current version of SAMLIdentifier is indeed an interface (as Scott
says):

http://svn.middleware.georgetown.edu/view/trunk/src/org/opensaml/SAMLIdentifier.java?root=java-opensaml1&view=log

If you go all the way back to Revision 171 (Oct 2003), you'll find the
code you posted below. I think you need to upgrade OpenSAML to the
latest supported version of OpenSAML.

Tom

On 1/10/07, Gitesh Malik
Scott, here is the code jar we are using.

From code decompilation I could figure out that SAMLIdentifier is indeed
a class -

Here is the code for the same:

package org.opensaml;

import java.security.SecureRandom;

public class SAMLIdentifier
{

protected StringBuffer id;

public SAMLIdentifier()
{
id = new StringBuffer();
byte abyte0[] = new byte[32];
SecureRandom securerandom = new SecureRandom();
do
{
securerandom.nextBytes(abyte0);
} while((abyte0[0] & 0xf) < 10);
for(int i = 0; i < 32; i++)
{
id.append(Character.forDigit(abyte0[i] & 0xf, 16));
}

}

public String toString()
{
return id.toString();
}
}

Hence the code compiles and I can see valid SAMLIDentifier being
generated in my code.

<gitesh/>